Who is sane and who is not? What exactly is an insanity plea? Can you be too insane to be guilty of a crime? Join us as we explore three major cases behind America’s hotly-debated insanity defense.
SHOW SOURCES & SUPPLEMENTALS
- United Kingdom House of Lords Decisions, M'Naghten's Case, 1843
- Durham v. United States, 1954
- Myth of the 'Twinkie defense,' C. Pogash, 2003
- The Twinkie Defense - Explained, Dr. Martin Blinder
- Guilty but Mentally Ill (GBMI) vs. Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI): An Annotated Bibliography, J. Kutys & J. Esterman, 2009